Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Blind Spot

I've always been fond of reading and although I don't have a laking National Bookstore card, I consider myself as one. My love of books and my screwed up genes must have affected my vision that's why I needed to wear glasses as early as Grade 6. I've always hated wearing them coz I keep on losing them. I hardly keep track of where I put it let alone care what happens to it.
Like coming of age, I transcended from rims to films. I'm in a much happier state since wearing contact lenses. All the thingamajiggies needed to store it, clean it, etc are fine with me. Its much more handy and comfortable to maintain. Plus I don't get to look like a nerd ;p
Or so I thought.
Today, the happy memories with lensies ended. It blew right off my eye (I don't know how but it did) and I tried hard to get it back on. I tried and failed, tried and failed. I stopped only when I realized my eyes hurt, and that they are all red and tears have been falling from them already. I ended up working half blind most of the day and that sucks.
You want to know how it felt like? Poke your eyes (again and again)... that's how much it hurts.

No comments: