Friday, November 21, 2008

Iuwi Mo Na Ako...

I spent most of the afternoon looking at photos on Lallie’s multiply – dating all the way back to our friend Jelai’s wedding aka me and Yeng’s birthday celebration up to my last night in Manila. Those concrete, happy and just simply fun moments reminded me of how much I miss my friends back home and how much I am missing them here.

There was always something to do. Be it a spur of the moment work day - night out, a whole day of shopping, or a long trip to the beach – or anywhere we can drink and laugh our hearts out without anybody telling on us. There was always something happening. It has barely been 6 months since I last saw them (some even longer) and I know I should be tougher than this and not be too emotional. But it’s just hard not to.

My whole life of 25 years I have known just one home and now I am in an entirely different place. Far away from where everything was and still is. That's not something I want to learn to get used to.

No comments: