Sunday, March 22, 2009

Only To Be With You...

As if the heavens heard my plea of need of some sanity - the U2 song was played during the concert I attended with my family. Tonight, the words, the rhythm, the tune, (although much more intense ) coursed through my ears going into my body and soul like tequila shots with salt and lime on the beach. I still haven't found what I'm looking for is sung and shouted onto the heavens, even on this side of the world.

As I hear the music, I feel a sense of something familiar in a place so different from the one I'm used to. I fought back the tears as I hear lyrics, but conclude that only the song is something I relate to, everything else remains foreign.

Damn! I miss HOME so much.


4 comments:

Bjornik said...

hahaha! ang sensual ng naimagine ko! kaya pala eventful, kakainggit! pahingi picture ni bono!:(

Mabel Garcia said...

Oh no Bjorn. If it was U2, you could get me to do anything. Ha ha ha. But it was not. It was a Jazz Choir here in school. They were okay. I was proud coz the Asian lady took the song to its finale. :)

Bjornik said...

Nyah, kala ko pa man din si papa na! Still, ang galing ng babae if she affected you that much.:P

flip&flopped conTESSA said...

we miss you home too mae...