Friday, January 18, 2008

I *heart* Coffee

I attended a coffee book launch, literally on coffees called KAPIHAN at Powerbooks. It was about how coffees are grown, distributed and sipped (+chowed). With Kuya Joel and Joe-anna by my side, we were on an official business trip. The publisher was one of our partners in the form of Saira, who I met last December for a CI photo shoot.

(We spent that photo shoot at the cemetery and we were able to divulge our deepest and darkest secrets among the dead. A name popped up and I got weak on the knees. Sai now has a strong hold over me. Sa lahat lahat naman ng pwede maging common friend, siya pa.)

Oh well, back to the book launch, it was pulled off pretty good. Well, actually it was more like panty-dropping coz the writer was as HOT as the coffee being served. There was also a cooking demo on how coffee is used as an ingredient in adobo, yes, adobo, and other yummy desserts.

I was never a to-die-for coffee lover, but there was something about the writer, the food, and the glossy pages of the book that made me love coffee. I always enjoyed the smell and I love that it leaves my heart pumping twice the usual*.

*I am still talking about coffee. Not that panty-dropping guy. :)

No comments: